CMM Team Lead Laboratory 1
The BENTELER Automotive facility located at 3721 Hagen Drive in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is hiring to replace its CMM programmer. This is a full-time salaried position.
BENTELER Automotive is a global tier 1 supplier with 92 locations in 27 countries. The Hagen Drive facility currently specializes in welded assembly and tube-bending, supplying hot-end exhaust systems to Stellantis, GM, Ford, Toyota, and Nissan, while actively pursuing opportunities to support the market as it evolves toward electrification.
The salary for this position is $65,000, and personal paid time off begins at 3 weeks per year. The company also provides 13 days of paid holiday time. The CMM programmer work schedule will overlap the standard salaried hour range of 7 AM - 5 PM with some frequency, so as to allow direct interaction with and support of Engineering, but much of the work schedule may be flexible.
BENTELER offers medical insurance through BCBSM, as well as dental, vision coverage, and 401k match of 100% up to the employee contribution of 6%. BENTELER also reimburses 100% of the cost of college tuition, registration, books, and lab fees, up to $5250 per calendar year.
As an organization, BENTELER believes in promotion from within. This position of CMM programmer can be the first step to advancement for a motivated high-potential employee.
STANDARD JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Programs CMM according to requirements, using PC-DMIS 2017
(Measurement of component parts; assemblies; checking fixtures; and tooling)
- Sets up measuring concepts together with clients
- Measures products according to given CMM programs and processes
- Conducts program changes on requirement
- Conducts repeatability studies as required
- Ensures calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Ensures calibration of test equipment
- Trains staff using measuring equipment
- Provides support to all activities assigned by the direct supervisor.
(Experience with ROMER arm and Hexagon blue light scanner preferred)