Because SI and metrology knowledge, skills, and abilities are essential elements of STEM literacy and preparing the future workforce, ASQ-MQD may be interested in submitting a formal comment to the National Science Foundation about the Federal STEM Education Strategic Plan.
Individual members may interested in this opportunity to provide feedback. The deadline to submit comments is October 19, 2020. Please share with other Metrology Ambassadors.
Notice of Request for Information on STEM Education
Categories in this Request for Information focus on the following elements of the Federal STEM Education Strategic Plan:
- Future opportunities in STEM education;
- Develop STEM education digital resources;
- Increase diversity, equity, and inclusion in STEM;
- Engage students where disciplines converge;
- Develop and enrich strategic partnerships;
- Build computational literacy; and
- Community use and implementation of the Federal STEM Education Strategic Plan.
The goals of the Federal STEM Education Strategic Plan:
- Build Strong Foundations for STEM Literacy;
- Increase Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in STEM; and
- Prepare the STEM Workforce for the Future