REPORTS TO: Global Director, Quality
I. Purpose of Position:
- To continually improve Trojan’s customer experience by driving continuous improvement efforts in the areas of product, process, and supplier quality.
II. Key Responsibilities & Attribute:
- Work cross functionally with various departments on product design and product function utilizing quality tools, problem solving techniques and part verification practices.
- Work cross functionally with a variety of suppliers to validate new designs, manufacturing processes, product launches and lead efforts to continuously improve supply base quality and reliability.
- Have an advanced understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards, organizational and team dynamics, customer expectations and satisfaction, supplier relations and performance.
- Influence and facilitation to the greater organization an understanding of quality system management and its development, documentation, and implementation.
- Conduct audits, both internal and external to drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Be capable of developing and implementing quality programs, including tracking, analyzing, reporting, and problem-solving.
- Have a thorough understanding of product application, including design, manufacturing and construction.
- Have basic knowledge of reliability, maintainability, and risk management, including key terms and definitions, modeling, systems design, assessment tools, and reporting.
- Be able to acquire and analyze data using appropriate standard quantitative methods across a spectrum of business environments to facilitate process analysis and improvements.
- Have an advanced understanding of problem-solving and quality improvement tools and techniques.
- Working with a variety of suppliers to qualify new designs and continuously improving supplier quality using proven technique.
- Works independently under broad general direction.
- Maintains extensive relationships with other departments and external contacts.
IV. Measures of Performance:
- Performance measures will be based on corporate, departmental and personal contributions to Key Performance Indicator improvement efforts
- Measures also include meeting personal development plan objectives and defined ‘success factors”
V. Background and Skill:
- Degree in Engineering or relevant technology-level diploma
- Experience with supplier quality improvement initiatives and supplier part launches
- Experience with fabrication and/or electrical design is preferred
- ASQ-Certified Quality Engineer (ASQ-CQE)
- Certified lead auditor
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with experience in statistical analysis and manufacturing acumen
- Advanced understanding of ‘Lean principles’
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO9001) and appropriate tools, such as Six Sigma, QFD.
- Ability to facilitate, train and lead cross-functional teams
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Intermediate skills in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS Access, Mini-Tab
- Intermediate ‘project-management’ skills
VI. Personal Trait Profile:
- Quality First - The ability to plan and execute work that is accurate, complete, timely, and reliable. Integrity is never compromised
- Results Oriented – The ability and drive to achieve results and goals in the short and long term
- Adapting to Change – The ability to effectively adapt to work in an environment of change, uncertainty, and ambiguity
- Technical Excellence - The depth and breadth of job-related expertise and the motivation to use and expand one’s technical knowledge
- Commitment to Future Vision - The commitment to being part of the integrated organization; the desire to support the needs, priorities and goals of the organization
VII. General Requirements:
- Global travel may be a requirement of this position.
- A valid G driver’s license
- Receiving vaccination against Hepatitis A & B is a requirement of this position
The above are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities and requirements of the job described. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job.