- Information Technology
Catalent hires people with a passion to make a difference to the health of millions of people globally. Your expertise, coupled with Catalent’s advanced technologies and collaboration with thousands of innovative pharmaceutical, biotech and healthcare companies, will help bring life-enhancing products to the people you know and love. Your talents, ideas and passion are essential to our mission; to develop, manufacture and supply products that help people live better, healthier lives. Interested in learning more about life at Catalent? Start here
The Quality Control Laboratory Supervisor role reports to the Quality Control Manager.
Strathroy, Ontario is one of two sites located in Canada offering softgel development and manufacturing capabilities for the Pharmaceutical and Consumer Health industries. We have a broad range of integrated formulation, manufacturing, analytical and packaging services to offer full service turnkey solutions.
Be a part of a global drug development and delivery leader, and help others live better healthier lives!
The Quality Control Laboratory Supervisor is accountable for the direct supervision of the relevant QC laboratory personnel, activities and programs. The Quality Control Lab Supervisor is responsible to maintain a level of GMP and safety in the laboratories necessary to comply with regulations.
- Accountable for ensuring that samples are tested accordingly and completed on time;
- Perform timely and effective investigations of out-of-specification and out-of-trend test data;
- Ensure that the laboratory meets a level of GMP to comply with current regulations;
- Ensure that excellent documentation, controls and capabilities are in place to maintain data integrity, and ensure timely and effective actions are taken;
- Schedule testing according to production and shipping schedules;
- Report on metrics that indicate lab performance and continuously improves;
- Provide training to laboratory personnel in analytical procedures, instrumentation and regulatory requirements;
- Supervise laboratory equipment maintenance and calibration programs;
- Must be able to work extended hours, weekends as needed, especially when problems occur or when deadlines must be met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Chemistry or related field;
- 1 -2 years supervisory experience in an analytical laboratory is preferred;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in analytical chemistry;
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical and/or GMP facility. Knowledge of laboratory techniques, terminology, equipment and materials;
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of chemical and physical testing and analyses including the preparation of materials, equipment and samples;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently with accuracy, applicable ethics and due diligence;
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with people at all levels and in a variety of functions; able to influence and motivate others to quickly achieve results.
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Health, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance)
- Group Retirement Savings –Registered Pension Plan (RPP) with employer contributions
- Paid Time Off Programs incl. vacation, banked time & personal time
- Employee Reward & Recognition programs
- Opportunities for professional and personal development & growth incl. tuition reimbursement
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
personal initiative. dynamic pace. meaningful work.
Visit www.catalent.com/careers to explore career opportunities.
C atalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email, and confirming your request for an accommodation and include the job number, title and location to DisabilityAccommodations@catalent.com . This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be processed by a U.S. Catalent employee and then routed to a local recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.