JOB POSTINGS: Quality Assurance Coordinator - AAT Omega LLC
AAT Omega LLC
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
As the Quality Assurance Coordinator, you will be responsible for ensuring project quality standards are met while working collaboratively with operations staff. You will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of the quality assurance program on the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability and safety. Responsible for developing and maintaining systems to monitor and ensure product meets stated requirements of customers.
- Plan, conduct and assess activities that measure company performance against stated quality objectives, including internal audits and as a liaison with outside auditors.
- Maintain records relating to the quality of goods produced for customers. This includes delivery schedule adherence, conformance to stated customer expectations, and monitoring overall levels of customer satisfaction and comparing to historical trends.
- Assist in developing and conducting training classes to upgrade skill levels of production personnel.
- Management of controlled documents used in the production process to ensure process and product integrity as well as to maintain continuous ISO registration.
- Reconcile returns of products from customers to assess issues and implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Inspection of products using CMM in accordance with our quality system procedures.
- Maintain AS9100/ISO quality control standards by verifying dimensions of machined parts according to drawings using tools such as; micrometers, vernier calipers, height gauges, optical comparators, CMM’s and other specific measuring equipment
- Maintain and calibrate measuring instruments.
- Complete and maintain inspection records (FAI, COC, etc.)
- Review and evaluate in-process rejections, obtain disposition, evaluate root causes, and implement corrective action when needed.
- Assist other departments as necessary in establishing standards relative to ensuring product quality
- Audit inspection records of work performed by internal teams, subcontractors, consultants and third parties.
- Lead and/or participate in audits.
- Day to day oversight of Quality department technicians.
Reports to the VP of Operations and Director of Operations. Works closely with Manufacturing, Engineering, Accounts Payable, and Receiving departments.
A four-year college degree is preferred but a minimum of 4 years’ experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment with AS9100D standards. Certification as ISO Auditor is highly desirable. Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential. Demonstrated leadership skills and prior customer service experience are beneficial. Familiarity with standard office software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access are desirable.
Ability to communicate orally with vendors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to apply statistical calculations and utilize other analytical techniques as required.
The job is performed indoors in a traditional manufacturing/office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator. Travel may be occasionally required.
If interested, please e-mail resume to email@example.com.