Make Your Students Blossom: Insights on Bloom’s Taxonomy & Training Design
with Diana Baldi
When your training is a good fit to what students need to succeed, the students will thank you.
Building Trust, Communication, and Respect at Work: How to Thrive in a Multi-Generational Team Environment
with Zac Jarrard and Douglas C. Wood
Recorded Wednesday, April 27, 2022
In this interactive 45-minute webinar, you will learn:
- The strengths of each living generation in the workplace from the Silent Generation to Generation Alpha
- Tools for successfully leveraging multi-generational teams
- Emerging trends to stay relevant for future customers and employees
Healthcare Zero Harm – Trillion Dollar Prescription
with Jay Arthur
Recorded Wednesday, March 16, 2022
This talk shows you how to use the Magnificent Seven Tools of Quality improvement to simplify, streamline and optimize healthcare delivery to prevent mistakes, errors and patient harm, while saving $500 Billion a year by 2025.
Measuring process and organization performance, AI and Machine Learning
with Douglas C. Wood
Recorded Wednesday February 9, 2022
Customer Journey Map to Define Touchpoints and Metrics
with Lisa Custer
Recorded Wednesday, January 12, 2022 (59 minutes)
Quality management is often involved in issues with customers, or possible issues with prospective customers. This talk will demonstrate how to construct a customer journey map in order to identify customer touchpoints and define important metrics to monitor and improve performance.
How ISO can help build Organizational Excellence
with Jim Moran, MA Ed. MSP
Recorded Thursday, December 2, 2021 (57 minutes)
Do You Want to Improve Your Organizational Excellence with ISO Management Systems?
This talk will help you leverage your current management system to make organizational excellence part of ‘how we do business’.
Quality Management System Effectiveness in Consulting Engineering
with Marg Latham, P.Eng., CMC
Recorded Wednesday November 17, 2021 (47 minutes)
This talk will help you identify and communicate:
- Why your firm should implement a QMS.
- What objectives it will achieve for the organization.
- Risks of not managing quality more effectively.
- How well your QMS is achieving the planned objectives.
Quality People Before Process
With Jeff Griffiths
Recorded November 3, 2021 (60 Minutes)
This talk shows putting people and their unique skills ahead of policy and process will give you traction in difficult situations.
Hoshin Kanri & Strategic Planning for Quality & Lean Systems
with Jd Marhevko
Recorded October 21, 2021 (53 Minutes)
This talk will walk you through a simple way to develop a Hoshin Kanri. Also called Policy Deployment, Hoshin Kanri is a method for ensuring that the strategic goals of a company drive progress and action at every level within that company. This eliminates the waste that comes from inconsistent direction and poor communication.
Improving Services for Children in Alternate Care Through the Principles of Excellence
with Sunil Thawani
Recorded October 8, 2021 (51 Minutes)
Do you care about children, and want to help support organizations make the most of their limited resources? If so, then join Sunil Thawani to learn about ‘Improving Services for Children in Alternate Care Through the Principles of Excellence’. This talk will help organizations who provide care for children, without parental care and use their resources better to achieve their mission.
The ABCs of Strategic Planning - Which method is right for you?
with Gary Cokins and Jd Marhevko
Recorded September 30, 2021 (57 Minutes)
So Many Strategic Planning Tools! Which Should I Use? As a quality professional, we have to demonstrate our relevance and what we can bring to the business. This means tying our results to that of the business strategy. But what format are our leaders using? Which one(s) should I use? This session will take participants though a high level overview and pros and cons of 10 types of Strategic Planning Development and Deployment (SPDD) models.
8 Steps to Create a Successful Virtual Training Strategy
With Grace Duffy
Recorded August 26, 2021 (54 Minutes)
This talk provides an approach to use virtual training to develop employee skill sets and align them with the organization’s policies and procedures. Learn elements and techniques that offer the best return on your training investment.
Webinar Series - Driving Process Management Culture Through 3 Vital Questions
With Ann-Marie Flinn
(3 part Webinar Series)
The mark of a successful organization is not whether it has problems, it’s whether it has the same problems as it did last year. When a crisis hits, we are forced to confront the truth about how our systems work (or doesn’t work). The places where things could be done better or more efficiently become glaringly obvious. When people and organizations shift their focus from problems to outcomes, something amazing happens within the culture of the workplace - and in people's lives. Leaders and teams co-create, engage, and collaborate. Change becomes the fuel that empowers innovation and a high performing business.
Assess and Improve your Healthcare QMS with these tools
With Pierce Story and Grace Duffy
Recorded May 20, 2021 (55 Minutes)
This talk will introduce the 10 quality system elements of an effective healthcare quality management system and tools to systematically improve the safety and quality of patient outcomes.
In this informative 60-minute webinar, you will learn:
- the Healthcare Quality Management System model
- the 10 Healthcare Quality System Elements
- application of quality tools to improve healthcare systems and outcomes
Transforming organizational culture a PDCA approach
With Eileen Serrano
Recorded April 8, 2021 (62 Minutes)
This talk shares how a PDCA approach can be applied to transform organizational culture. Transforming culture requires not only new tools and methods but transforming the mindset of people. This need for cultural transformation must arise from the need to solve a business problem. This being the case, we can use a PDCA approach to solve such problems.
Applying Leading Indicators in Cost of Quality (CoQ)
With Dr. Guillermo L Ciudad
Recorded March 18, 2021 (63 Minutes)
This talk addresses the difference of lagging vs leading indicators focusing on leading indicators as the means of a predictive metric that can be used in organizations to measure, detect and take preventive action before failure is imminent; which is the focus of the Post Doc research.
Transformando la cultura organizacional: un enfoque PDCA
With Eileen Serrano
Recorded on February 25, 2021 (56 minutes)
En este seminario web informativo de 45 minutos, aprenderá
- cómo aplicar el enfoque PDCA para transformar la cultura organizacional .
- cómo el enfoque PDCA ayuda a definir las acciones necesarias para cerrar la brecha entre la cultura actual y la deseada
- la aplicación de herramientas de resolución de problemas de calidad para ayudar a transformar la cultura.
Management 2 0 for Practitioners and Managers
With Forrest Breyfogle
Recorded on January 28 (1 hour, 20 minutes)
This presentation discusses a web page with hyperlinks showing application of many tools. Described is a roadmap for the wise utilization and execution of business management and improvement tools. Proven techniques such as analysis of variance/ means, brainstorming, cause-and-effect diagrams, design of experiments, 5 whys, Gemba Walks, general linear models, hypothesis testing, kaizen events, kanbans, Lean, muda, Pareto charts, plan-do-check-act, poka-yoke, regression analysis, scatter plot, total productive maintenance, value stream mapping, visualization of data, and wisdom of the organization are included.
Strategic Planning and Hoshin Kanri
With Jd Marhevko and Eric Zink
Recorded November 5th (50 minutes)
This talk will take you step by step in helping you to create your own quality strategic plan tied to your business’ strategy so you can show how your team is making a difference; and demonstrating its relevance.
Write Persuasively So Readers Understand Your Message
With Leslie O'Flahavan
Recorded October 8th (62 minutes)
This talk will help you learn to write so readers understand your point and do what you ask. You’ll learn how to avoid “burying the lead” or making it difficult for your reader to understand what you’re requesting or suggesting. This talk will show why the most important persuasive writing technique you can use is the BLUF technique, in which you put the “Bottom Line Up Front.” With these persuasive writing skills, you’ll write more convincing emails and proposals. You’ll also be able to carry over what you’ve learned about writing persuasively to giving persuasive presentations.
Managing Quality 4.0 combining ISO 25010 Criteria and ITIL practices
With Daniel Zrymiak
Recorded September 10th (55 minutes)
In this informative 60-minute webinar, you will learn to:
- Understand how Quality 4.0 applies proven quality practices to address several specific examples of Industry 4.0 including Additive Manufacturing, Artificial Intelligence, Digital Manufacturing, Cloud Computing, Blockchain, Big Data and Analytics, and the Internet of Things.
- Identify and apply international models (ISO 25010: Systems and Software Quality Requirements and Evaluation; ISO 25012: Data Quality) to determine applicable quality characteristics.
- Identify and apply ITIL practices for managing information and technology, with specific emphasis on Business Analysis, Change Enablement, Release Management, Deployment Management, Incident and Problem Management, and Continuous Improvement.
- Combine these practices, along with Cost of Quality metrics, to determine the return on investment and benefit to Quality of Quality 4.0 application and deployment.
Simply stated, root cause analysis is a tool designed to help identify not only what and how an event occurred, but also why it happened. Only when investigators are able to determine why an event or failure occurred will they be able to specify workable corrective and preventive measures that prevent future events of the type observed. Understanding why an event occurred is the key to developing effective recommendations.
In this informative 45 minute webinar (with Q & A after), you will learn:
- The three pillars of sustainability
- How sustainability, profitability and quality are linked
- A three level model to develop sustainability driven by quality management
Strategy Management with a Strategy Map and its Balanced Scorecard
With Gary Cokins
Recorded May 14th (53 minutes)
This talk covers:
- How strategy maps and their companion balanced scorecards communicate strategic objectives with target-setting to help cross-functional employee teams align their behavior to the strategy and better collaborate.
- How to design a strategy map and identify the strategy’s required projects or core process improvements which lead to selecting KPIs.
- How to differentiate strategic KPIs from operational performance indicators which cascade downward from the strategic KPIs.
- How to deploy a “quick start” implementation in two days to iteratively expand to a balanced scorecard production system in a few weeks.
Hiring, Training and Engaging the New Generations in Quality Management
With Luciana Paulise
Recorded April 20th (58 minutes)
During the last two decades, the workplace has been evolving to prioritize teamwork and employee development given that different generations have shown up. Millennials and Gen Z are pushing to reshape the workplace while Baby Boomers are delaying retirement. Different generations have essentially different working habits and values. The youngest employees, Millennials and Generation Z will represent 40% in many workplaces by the end of 2020. This talk will help participants understand how to attract, train and engage these generations.
This webinar discusses the importance of managing supplier risk by performing audits, assessments, supplier training, and monitoring. Strategies for performing these items as well as resources available with additional detail will be shared.
2020 Webinar Series
The Quality Management Division recorded a webinar series that will walk you through how to make the most of your myASQ experience. These 30-minute modules will take through how to log in, how to find content and participate in discussions. It will also highlight volunteer opportunities to help us create and manage content.
The myASQ Quality Management Division Community has much more to offer our members than you might realize. The QMD myASQ site has several ways in which to engage with other quality management professionals through peer to peer discussions, content arranged by the Quality Management Body of Knowledge, and an events calendar where you can register for upcoming free webinars. Our myASQ community is also where you can find back issues of our quarterly peer reviewed journal, the Quality Management Forum.
Do you want to know how to coach business leaders in making better decisions, interpreting operational data, and applying quality as the means to improve organizational performance? Is it your personal responsibility to formulate or lead quality activities in your company? This lecture series by Dr. Gregory H. Watson is intended to help the organization-wide leader of the quality function improve their capacity to advise executives in the important matter of making decisions to enhance overall quality.
These webinars are for you if you are:
- Quality Executive: Chief Quality Officer, Vice President or Director of Quality or any business-responsible Quality Manager
- Business Excellence or Operational Excellence Leader
- Master Black Belt or Experienced Black Belt