Call For Speakers For The 2022 ASQ Canada Quality & Business Excellence Conference
Call for Speakers
When: November 19th, 2022
Where: Park Place, Downtown Vancouver
ASQ Vancouver Section 408 is hosting ASQ Canada’s National Conference on Quality and Business Excellence on Saturday, November 19th, 2022.
We are currently accepting speaker applications for the opportunity to present at this exciting event – which will be held in a blended format – online and in person.
Our theme this year is “Overcoming Adversity: A Leap Forward”
Our conference attracts a wide range of professionals, practitioners and students of Quality Management, Business Operations and related disciplines residing in Canada, and the US and joining virtually from other parts of the world. So, this is a great opportunity for speakers to showcase their expertise in front of a potentially worldwide audience.
All proposals must include practical learning that can be implemented. The acceptable formats are: keynote speeches, case studies, workshops, panel discussions, etc. Sales pitches are not accepted.
- Keynote: Defining and Shaping the Future for Mankind and Planet
- Enterprise Quality Management System as a response to growing customer expectations and changing market trends
- Augmenting Humanity: Pros and Cons of Linking Humans with Machines (Panel of Experts)
- IoT and the Transforming Industries: What are some of the gains QMS have already experienced from the technology that is still in its infancy
- Quality and Safety issues around Electric Vehicles and proposed solutions
- A New Workplace: how to incorporate young starters during the rise of the hybrid workplaces
- The role of unions in the 21st century: what’s behind the unionization wave at corporate giants (such as Apple, Amazon, Starbucks)
- Mastering the Use of Social Media: how to make a difference when so many players are vying for attention
- Built to Last: a Case Study on a successful revival of the old quality concept with the modern elements of sustainability
- The effect of war in Ukraine on the field of quality management around the globe. Which industries are hit the hardest, and what are the ways out
- How automation helps to improve quality and the ways help your people to embrace it
- How to get ahead in life by building a successful business case for anything
- Brief professional bio including your previous speaking experience and references (approximately 150 words).
- Brief synopsis of your proposed presentation that clearly links it to the conference theme (the presentation should be approximately 35 minutes long – with some time allocated at the end for questions).
- Key takeaways from your session – up to three top learning objectives.
- Your current headshot (preferably 2.5 cm x 2.5 cm in jpeg format but png is also acceptable).
- Indication whether or not you are interested in taking a spot as a backup speaker.
- Whether your proposal is accepted or not, we will contact you by September 15th. Selected speakers will receive the details on milestones in the process.