APICS May 2020 Meeting Online Denver CO
APICS Colorado Chapter 81 (Operations Management)Topic: Mobile Robots - using the newest technology in warehouses and manufacturing
Date: 13 May 2020
Speaker: Alan Dunn
Place: Webinar Online - GoTo Meeting (By Registration Only)
7:00pm Business Meeting
- Topic: Planning 2020 Demands Through COVID-19's Simultaneous Triple Bullwhip
- Speaker: Alan Dunn
- Because of the COVID-19 fears, exacerbated by politicians dealing with a pandemic while at the same time understanding little about complex global supply chains, the world’s economic engines mostly came to a near-instant halt in March 2020.
- This instantly resulted in global logistics, transportation, and inventory safety stock assets mostly in the wrong physical places.
- This presentation will discuss how the "simultaneous-triple-bullwhip effect" of (1) demands, (2) supplies and (3) logistics bullwhips will result in erratic - start-stop demand behaviors.
- Irrespective of order bookings, this will result in hugely distorted and unreliable global product deliveries.
- COVID-19 has shut down worldwide commerce.
- Not since the Great 1929, Depression has the buying and selling of goods and services on a global basis collapsed as quickly as it has collapsed in March and April of 2020.
- But more importantly, this economic collapse that has driven domestic unemployment from 3.4% to north of 18% in 8 weeks has left consumers and businesses in a liquidity squeeze.
More Information, Reservations, Costs and Payments see
- - Detail Meeting Information on https://apicscolorado.org/meetinginfo.php?id=108
- - Meeting Reservations at https://apicscolorado.org/meet-reg1.php?id=108
- Student Free $0 (APICS Member or Not)
- Non APICS Members Free $0 before 12 May, $0 after
- Speaker only (no dinner) $0