"A System of Profound Knowledge: My Evening with Dr. Deming"
in ASQ's The Quality Management Forum, Summer/Fall 2022 (Vol 48, Num 2) edition.
This article is available free to all at https://my.asq.org/communities/files/247/11239
- A System of Profound Knowledge is the best-kept secret of implementing quality.
- The first quality class I took was a four-day seminar with Dr. W. Edwards Deming.
- It was in the 1970s, before he was "rediscovered" in 1980.
- I was intrigued by the theory of knowledge.
- He invited me to his house one evening to explain.
- It was a night I will never forget.
- Learning about System Thinking.