Career Opportunity: Quality Engineer - ContiTech
Please apply at the following link:
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Lincoln, NE location is seeking a Quality Engineer to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Improve product and manufacturing process capability to reduce variability in the manufacturing environment.
• Assure high First Pass Yield values, low waste, and greater on-time delivery of products to customers.
• Provide assistance in improving the process and product quality
• React to daily low capability values, out of tolerance points on SPC charts, and support improvement programs (projects) to gain control of poor performing characteristics.
• This position will focus on supporting the Operations and Plant Production Floor environment.
• Lead, facilitate, teach, and participate in continuous improvement teams and projects to support the business center's efforts to improve productivity, reduce WIP, reduce mfg lead time, and improve utilization of the workforce.
• Must be an active team leader and team member. Must be able to collaborate with people on the floor and management staff.
• Must be able to understand processes and systems and see linkages/ interactions.
• Must be a good problem solver and be able to implement solutions.
• Must be able to overcome obstacles and get results.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• BS Engineering Degree preferably Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial.
• 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing, plant production floor environment.
• Proficient Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Access, Project, SAP, DB2
• Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• No relocation offered. The position is eligible for a sign-on bonus.
• Rubber manufacturing engineering experience
• Certified Quality Engineer credentials
• Experience with Lean Manufacturing and lean tools (Kiazen, JITS, QCO/SMED, Kanban, TPM, Poke-yoke, VSM, Standardized Work, 6S)
• Experience in Six Sigma (DMAIC/DFSS)