February 2021 Virtual Section Meeting - “Has the Analytics Wave Changed How We “Do” Quality?”
Overview: There’s no denying it, the analytics movement has become the hot topic across almost every industry. Everyone is getting into the act, or so it seems. This naturally raises the question, “Do we need to change the way we approach Quality Management” as a result? Are the tools and techniques that have been used for decades now still relevant? You may have even wondered if your skills are still applicable in today’s marketplace.
In this session, veteran quality professional Dave Northcutt will discuss several aspects of the analytics movement and how these aspects relate to quality management in today’s world. Among the topics discussed will be:
- A brief history of analytics in quality since the 1920s (spoiler alert – quality lead the way for much of today’s analytics!
- Where analytics came from and why analytics is hot now
- What’s new, what’s old, and what’s hype
- Pitfalls of the analytics movement
- Why data presentation is still critical
- What you need to know to keep pace in your career
Registration Link: https://asq.webex.com/asq/k2/j.php?MTID=t3c6cb19fe40aaa9c64ee5a6360b2ce4d
Additional Details: https://my.asq.org/communities/events/item/191/60/2608