New Course! HUMAN PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT Through HUMAN ERROR PREVENTION
Presented by BW (Ben) Marguglio;
October 20-22, 2020; Holiday Inn Irving-Las Colinas Hotel; Irving, TX.
The course outline is available at: https://hpi-hep.com/human-error-prevention-seminar/ .
To register: Click on the “Registration” Page.
PROBLEM: Almost all operational loss of lives and $s is attributable to error in process design and implementation, including design of hardware used in processes.
SOLUTION: In this course, you will learn how to improve performance by (1) improving process design and implementation, (2) counteracting process error traps, (3) improving process decision-making and (4) preventing the recurrence of error in process design and implementation.
Registrants get a hard copy of the 400+ PDF slides used in the course, continental breakfast and lunch, and a certificate of completion with 2.4 CEUs/Rus. The hotel guestroom group rate is $119.00, plus tax. WiFi is complimentary. Hotel parking is free.
ASQ guidelines for COVID-19 will be implemented for the course. If the guidelines require that the course not be held, it will be rescheduled to later dates. If, for any reason, a registrant cannot attend on the rescheduled dates, the registrant will receive a full refund of his / her registration fee, no questions asked.
Upon completion of this course, one will understand:
- HPI-HEP terminology;
- The relationships among culture, beliefs, values, attitudes, behavior, results and performance;
- Quality culture – quality of design, procurement, operations and maintenance; quality of safety and health; quality of environmental protection; of security; of emergency preparedness and response;
- The quality-conscious work environment;
- Leadership responsibilities for creating and sustaining the quality-conscious work environment;
- Models describing how adverse effects occur;
- The 1 source of operational loss; 2 essentials; 3 levels of barriers to human error; 4 types of barriers; 5 stages of human error; 6 Ms; 7 human error causal factors;
- Process risk management (The Rule of 8);
- Hardware item risk management;
- Facility risk management;
- Techniques by which to make barrier controls effective;
- Techniques by which to make training effective;
- The full scope of the quality function in terms of hazards and barriers;
- Error inducing conditions and error likely situations (error traps);
- Behaviors by which to counteract error traps;
- Non-conservative decision thought processes and behaviors;
- Conservative decision thought processes and behaviors;
- Coaching to reduce the recurrence of human error;
- Problem identification, problem reporting, data codification, data grouping, data analysis, extent of condition, root cause analysis, extent of cause, and corrective action;
- Root cause analysis techniques;
- Human error root causes;
- Design and implementation of a problem reporting, root cause analysis, and corrective action system;
- Design and implementation of a HPI-HEP system.
BW (Ben) Marguglio, LLC
Human Performance Improvement through Human Error Prevention
Consulting and Training
Richardson, TX, USA
Mission: Helping enterprises to save lives and dollars by preventing / reducing error in the design and implementation of processes, and by mitigating error effects.
Vision: To be the provider of cost effective, universally applicable HPI / HEP principles and practices with the broadest scope and greatest specificity.
* ASQ Fellow, CRE, CQE, CMQ/OE, CQA
* ASQ Representative to the API Center for Offshore Safety
* Past Chair – ASQ, Energy & Environmental Division
* Former Senior Executive – Aerojet Nuclear Co & Consumers Power Co (now Consumers Energy Co)